While vastly different in their approaches to “dance,” every artist is experimenting with the creation and distribution of original, non-dominant socio-cultural narratives.
Please join us in celebrating all 13 movement-based performance works:
- Brooklyn Arts Exchange sponsoring Building a Better Fishtrap: From the River’s Mouth by Paloma McGregor
- Dancers’ Group sponsoring ARA: Waterways Time Weaves by Dohee Lee
- Fractured Atlas sponsoring Gender/Power Composition IV by Maya Ciarrocchi, Kris Grey, Sandra Parker
- Gametophyte Inc. for Petra by Dean Moss
- The Kitchen for Swivel Spot by Jen Rosenblit
- Li Chiao-Ping Dance for i—LAND by Li Chiao-Ping, Douglas Rosenberg
- MAPP International Productions for Poor People’s TV Room by Okwui Okpokwasili
- ODC Theater for Seeds (Working title) by Nicole Klaymoon, Shakti Butler, d. Sabela Grimes
- Springboard for the Arts sponsoring Soft Goods by Karen Sherman
- Springboard for the Arts sponsoring Then a Cunning Voice and a Night We Spend Gazing at Stars by Emily Johnson
- Urban Bush Women for SCAT! by Jawole Willa Jo Zollar
- Unique Projects sponsoring In/Expiration by Sheetal Gandhi
- Vermont Performance Lab for Virago-Man Dem by Cynthia Oliver, John Jennings, Jason Finkelman
Read more about the 2016 MAP Fund Projects here.