While vastly different in their approaches to “music,” every individual artist and/or ensemble is experimenting with the creation and distribution of original, non-dominant socio-cultural narratives.
Please join us in celebrating all 8 sound-based performance works:
- Brooklyn Youth Chorus for Silent Voices by Sahba Aminikia, Brooklyn Youth Chorus, Mary Kouyoumdjian
- Grand Central Art Center for Vireo: The Spiritual Biography of a Witch’s Accuser, Final Episodes by Lisa Bielawa, Charles Otte
- Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra sponsoring New Water Music by Yotam Haber, New Orleans Airlift
- Manitoga / The Russel Wright Design Center for New Work by Suzanne Thorpe by Suzanne Thorpe
- New York Live Arts sponsoring Song of Silver Geese + Songs of the World Now (SOWN) 50-state tour by Jen Shyu
- Seed Artists for INTERRUPTION! By Rob Reddy, Oliver Lake
- TAIKOPROJECT for Concrete Saplings by TAIKOPROJECT, Quetzal
- Trilogy: An Opera Company for FIVE by Anthony Davis, Richard Wesley, Trilogy: An Opera Company
Read more about the 2016 MAP Fund Projects here.